Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Big W

Wimbledon that is...... had a great time there on Monday. It was extremelly hot (over 30 degress) and I was very grateful that my seat was in the shade. I saw some good matches on court one....Nadal, Mauresmo and Hewitt. Also a few of the players on the outside courts. Took lots of photos with the idea of doing a Wimbledon/Eastbourne scrapbook. Will upload a few pics on here soon.

However the journey back from Wimbledon was a nightmare. The plan was to meet Fran at Victoria for the 9pm train home. The tube was hardly moving and took over an hour to get to Earls Court and then to make things worse, someone had thrown themself under a train at Victoria underground station so had to get off a stop early and walk. In the end we were lucky and just made the 10pm train.

The rest of the week has been spent recovering. I met the parents of my new kiddies for next year. They seem ok but are academically a lot weaker than this years class. But I am ready to send them on their way (my current class that is) to the next year. Roll on the summer holidays. 12 school days to go not that I'm counting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Counter