Saturday, February 03, 2007

End of month round up

I found these questions on Sally's blog and thought it was a good idea so thanks Sally, hope you don't mind.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Since it has been a school month as usual haven't really read much. I never read more than a few pages before I fall asleep. I am busy reading "Twilight Children" by Torey Hayden. I love her books which are about her teaching days teaching children with extreme special needs.

What movies/TV programs have I watched?
Haven't been to the movies for ages. I have been watching the first series of Party of Five (sad I know) and two favourite programs have returned to TV. Skating on Ice and Wild at Heart (mainly because it is set in South Africa)

What special days did I celebrate and how?
It was Fran's birthday on 27th January but we didn't do anything special. Just chilled at home.
I went to Jaya's Hen party when she had to get married fairly quickly due to visa constraints. Her main celebration will be in August. She is the third teacher/TA to get married at school this academic year. Guess who the fourth is going to be.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Haven't received any gifts this month. Gave Fran a computer game and magazine subscription for his birthday.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Have had ear problems this month and still do but doctore can't seem to find anything. Also seem to have now picked up the common cold. The joy of teaching in cold England in January.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
I went to a crop in London with Kym. Thanks for taking me. I also played a tennis match last weekend and played the best I've played in months. Considering I had hardly played since December it was great. Apart from that and trips to Bluewater and Maidstone for shopping nothing too exciting.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I'm very boring so no new food or recipe's Im afraid. Did go to a new pub in Rainham for Jaya's hen party.


What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Nothing much really. Did by a lovely scrapbook kit at the crop I went to. Now just to use it.

What disappointment did you have?
School is quite disappointing at the moment as I have had to deal with lots of behaviour problems. Also our school is going through a rough patch with a lot of racial tension due to an influx of Eastern European children to the school.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Have been quite good at going to the gym (except this week with the cold) thanks Audrey for pushing me to go with you. I have started doing a crossstitch of the Liverpool badge. Not an accomplishment yet but will be if I get it finished. Will keep you posted.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Have about 3 pounds this month so am going well towards looking good in my wedding dress.
Have two nutty cats who run from miles when it is food time. I can hear their bells converging from a distance when I bang their whiskers pouches together.

Well thats it for January. I hope to do this every month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Counter