Sunday, May 07, 2006

Settling in

We have been in our new house for just over a week now and we love it. The move was a long process though. We asked a friend to rent a van and help us move. But he said he knew a friend who had a van. Very well we said. But when he arrived with the van it was tiny. I went off to play my tennis match and Fran went with the friend. On the third trip the van broke down. By the time I got back from tennis only the really big stuff (bed, fridge and washing machine) along with a few boxes to fill the spaces had been moves. So we pretty much spent the next 2 days moving the rest with my car. We went to get our last load (mainly the bikes) on Friday night so are all moved in now. Just a few more boxes to unpack and my scrap stash to sort out.

We spent a week being out of touch internet wise. But all is up and running now with satellite TV and internet installed. All other things are slowly getting sorted out. Off to the gym tomorrow for induction have a few plants that were bought yesterday to plant.

I went to play my first match in the first league for new tennis club and loved it. The team lost but my partner and I won one of our matches. A big improvement from the lowly leagues Ive been playing in for so long. My tennis level is slowly getting back to where it should be.

Now that the move is over, I plan to blog more often and will post a pic of our lovely garden soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Counter